The role will involve coordinating and managing elements of offshore projects. As well as analysis and engineering duties, the position will support the Offshore & Renewables department, but there maybe sporadic requirements to assist teams working within the other sectors. Typically during thecourse of a project, the following duties may be required:
• Work with the company’s electronic business systems to convey the details of the engineering designs to downstream users and customers
• Perform / check Finite element analysis
• Mentor junior staff in analysis methodologies
• Maintain internal and customer driven targets for timeliness and costs
• Perform engineering design and support the analysis of offshore equipment
• Devise concepts and procedures for offshore operations
• Interpret and work to offshore design codes (DNV, Lloyds etc.).
1 año de experiencia
Assystem is currently seeking for Mechanical Engineers to join its growing energy and nuclear design team in the UK.
Experience in the offshore industry is very valuable.
The position is ideally suited to a high calibre, innovative, senior stress engineer with some industry experience.
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate not only experience in CAD design; they should be capable of the necessary calculations and substantiation (they won’t require finite element capabilities though). They would join an existing team, with a mixture of experience.
The engineers should be capable ofworking effectively and with timescales in mind. They are unlikely to work in isolation, so good English is a requirement.
Location: The position will be based in the UK, near Newcastle. However travel to other Assystem offices and customer sites throughout Europe may be required