Our customer is a leading multinational company designing and producing diagnostic systems and software solutions for medical laboratories worldwide. It is present in Europe with some subsidiaries and/or partners.
The European Business Unit Life Science, that distribute innovative in vitro and molecular diagnostic test (Oncologic field), was born a few years ago and is fastly growing on the European market and the company is looking for the:
MARKET DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
OSNA Colon Cancer - EMEA
Who, reporting to the Head of Molecular Cancer Diagnostics - Business Unit Life Science, will be in charge of a strategic role supporting the EMEA countries (mainly Italy, Spain, UK, France) in the market analysis & business development activities for the applications related to Colon Cancer Diagnosis.
The role has a business development mission but it's not a sales role on the field: the capability to coordinate with the existing structures in the countries will be an important success factor.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As responsible for business in Spain he will be asked to achieve agreed annual targets and to fulfill the following main responsibilities:
Continue the establishment of the Company as an innovative provider of Life Science for in vitro diagnostic tests and medical products in EMEA in the fields of cancer management
- Perform market analyses and develop, communicate, and implement marketing and sales strategies to commercialize OSNA for Colon Cancer, a molecular test for the detection of lymph node metastases, with a focus on Western Europe
- Broaden OSNA business in order to further establish OSNA for Colon Cancer and other new applications in hospitals and cancer centers
- Ensure profitability of new business in cooperation with Sales Controlling and Area Management
- Develop - together with the Structures in the Country - a scientific and economic network (clinicians, hospital manager) to support sales and present the products in hospitals and to all relevant partners in the health care sector
- Foster customer contacts and relationships to hospitals, cancer centers and other relevant organisation and authorities (e.g. statutory health insurances, Ministry of Health etc.)
- Develop and manage a cost effectiveness approach supporting the introduction of new technologies without reimbursement in the medical field
- Organise user group meetings and workshops.
The company will offer a growing and healthy corporate group which stands for quality and innovation; a strong corporate culture with respect and trust as the basis for cooperation and communication; a challenging and varied position with numerous opportunities to get involved in the bigger picture and contribute to the company's success in an innovative international environment.
The salary, related to the candidate experience, will be aligned with the high range in the middle management segment.
The position is ideally based Hamburg -Germany with expected travels up to 30%. The company is open to evaluate possible home based positions in Western Europe countries after 6 months/1 year. In this case the expected travels should probably grow the 50%.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCES:
University degree in a life science field, medical science, business administration or health economics
At least 4 years of professional experience in healthcare (in vitro diagnostics, medical devices or consulting) with a strong focus on sales and key account management
Excellent command of English (international team)
Willingness to travel (30%) within EMEA, mainly Western Europe.
Enthusiastic and entrepreneurial personality, enjoying the process of establishing new businesses in a post start-up phase
Creative andinnovative team player with strong strategic, analytical and business skills as well as strong self-motivation
Ability to work self-dependent in an international team
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Willingness to travel (30%) within EMEA, mainly Western Europe